Historic Places in South Jersey

Historic Places in South Jersey - Places to Go and Things to Do

A discussion of things to do and places to go, with the purpose
of sharing, and encouraging exploration of South Jersey.

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Rollin' on the River

It is the time of year when you start feeling as though it might be nice to take a boat ride on the river.  By good fortune, at several places I visited recently there was information on various boat rides in SJ, so I'm sharing some of the information with you.  As always, check their web sites for more complete information.

A friend and I, both of us are taking volunteer training at the Bayshore Discovery Center,  will be taking the May 1st Burlington City sail on the A. J. Meerwald which has been in Philadelphia and has now docked in Burlington. 

The rivers link all the historic places that I visit and at which I volunteer and, the Delaware River is my home river as I was born a scant 10 minute drive from it and spent my childhood going to Sunday School at Gloria Dei, Old Swedes Church right on the river front.  Also when I was a child, my family and our Sunday school took many pleasure trips on the Wilson Line to Riverview Beach and the joy of those days will never be forgotten.

Maurice River Cruises
www.CruiseTheMaurice River.com
Fridays and Saturdays (they have other hours 10 a.m and  4 pm but I thought this was more convenient) depart at 1 and return at 3:00 from Ware Ave. City of Millville Marina, Millville, NJ Call for reservations 856-327-1530

River Lady
All week, 6 tour options from  lunch through dinner - my special choice would be #3Historical Sightseeing Cruise which is at 11:00  Tues., Thrus. Fri.  There’s a lunch cruise on Sat. at 12:30
One Robbins Parkway
, Toms River, NJ 732-349-8664

The Meerwald has a Mother’s Dail Sail at 10:00 a.m. but I probably won't be making a reservation for that one as I'll be celebrating Mother's Day with my daughter the day before.

Happy Trails always and for the upcoming month Happy Sails!

No comments:

Post a Comment