Historic Places in South Jersey

Historic Places in South Jersey - Places to Go and Things to Do

A discussion of things to do and places to go, with the purpose
of sharing, and encouraging exploration of South Jersey.

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

More things to do and places to go in SJ History World!

Salem County Historical Society is hosting some interesting events:
Sunday March 11, 1:30 South Jersey & the Civil War - Myth and Reality, Friends Village, Woodstown
Thursday March 22, Best Practices Workshop, NJ State Museum, Regional Collections
May 5 - Annual Historic House Tour - Fenwick's Colony 10:00 a.m. tickets required (can be purchased on site or in advance) check out the website for more info and to corroborate!
Don't Forget Lines On the Pines on the 11th at the Frog Rock Golf and Country Club - I'll be at an author's table, stop by and say hi!
On Saturday, I'll be visiting the USS New Jersey, for the third time, but I understand the exhbits are new and each time you visit anything and have a different tour guide, you learn something new. Our tour guide is a docent at the Whitall House as well. I'm looking forwad to it.
Last weekend, I took the Bayshore Discovery Program volunteer training which was enlightening. We were served both breakfst and lunch and toured the A. J. Meerwald. Mainly, however, it was great to have an overview of all that is being done at this fascinating historic site. I'll be working at the museum, I hope, when I finish my training. This Friday is their 2nd Friday event which is TERRIFIC, so if you are free, go and you will have a fun time. There will be Irish music, and potato leek soup at the Clam Bar Cafe!
Maybe i'll see you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment