Historic Places in South Jersey

Historic Places in South Jersey - Places to Go and Things to Do

A discussion of things to do and places to go, with the purpose
of sharing, and encouraging exploration of South Jersey.

Monday, June 30, 2014

More Mullica Hill - the Amish Market

On the way to Mullica Hill, my traveling pal of the day and I passed The Amish Market and decided to stop for lunch, which was delicious!  We also shopped around and I found a few things for Christmas.  I do think it is a good idea to get them when you see them.

Mullica Hill was likewise productive and I bought a few things there too - but this time, for me!  I bought cat salt and pepper shakers, for one thing, and some ornate vintage hankies for another.  There are such pretty collages in the Lady's Room of the Robin's Nest in Mount Holly, that are created from vintage hankies and postacards, that I always want to make one of my own. 

The Blue Plate is great, but if you want to stop before you get to Mullica Hill, give the Amish Market a try.  You can also buy wonderful things to take home while you are at it!  I plant to go back again before Christmas to buy gifts of food for people, cheeses and such.

Bon appetite!  and Happy Trails, Jo Ann

Oh, by the way, at the Old Mill antique shop, they gave me a great brochure -  Mullica Hill, NJ:  A Walking Tour.  Therein, I found interesting historical tidbits on various places in the town, including history of the Old Mill, which, it turns out was an old Train Station!
There is also a house called the Mullica House, at 20 N. Main, that was a family home of the founding Finnish family of Mullica, for whom the Mullica Creek as well as the town were named. 

No comments:

Post a Comment