Historic Places in South Jersey

Historic Places in South Jersey - Places to Go and Things to Do

A discussion of things to do and places to go, with the purpose
of sharing, and encouraging exploration of South Jersey.

Friday, January 25, 2019

A Link for You - Visit South Jersey

I don't post a copy of this e-mail any more because the html blanked out my previous posts, but they do often list many interesting looking events so you may want to subscribe!

A great many of their events are evening, and connected to concerts and wine events.  I don't drive at night any longer and I don't drink so I haven't posted  those events, also, I have not been much of a theater attendee of recent years though I still do like to go to the Oaklyn Ritz at times in the summer when it is light longer, so I haven't posted those events either, all reasons you might want to subscribe to the link and get it in your own e-mail:
www.visitsouthjersey.com

I hope the link works for you and that you find fun things to do by subscribing to it.

Speaking of e-mail, you can also contact me via my e-mail which is wrightj45@yahoo.com

I have no events to share with you this weekend, but as I mentioned in a previous post, I am reading the biography of American Journalist Marie Colvin who died after an internationally acclaimed career.  Her life has been memorialized in a biopic called A PRIVATE WAR, but I missed its short run.  I am also reading her collected essays.  In this weeks THE NEW YORKER there is a fascinating article on the history and diminishing existence of our print newspapers.  I have always been a BIG fan of local newspapers such as the Gloucester City New and the Retrospect.  I am grateful we still have them as well as the bigger papers The Courier and the Inquirer.  I am a subscriber to the Sunday New York Times.  If you enjoy print news, you will probably enjoy that essay on page 8 of January 28 issue entitled HARD NEWS.

Happy trails whether dusty piney woods ones or inky paper ones!
or electronic links!
Jo Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment