Historic Places in South Jersey

Historic Places in South Jersey - Places to Go and Things to Do

A discussion of things to do and places to go, with the purpose
of sharing, and encouraging exploration of South Jersey.

Monday, June 10, 2019

Summer Music Lessons

A couple of years ago, my daughter bought me a ukulele for Mother's Day because I had commented that one thing I had always wanted to do but never succeeded in doing was learning a musical instrument.  I have piano at home that I bought for her when she was a child and I took lessons but didn't stick with it.  Also I had taken ukulele lessons in Collingswood but at $25 a half hour once a week it was just too expensive and although I practiced because I was taking lessons and didn't want to show up for my lessons unprepared, when I stopped the lessons, I found I NEVER picked up the uke and just noodled around with it.  The only thing I do that casually and frequently, is write and paint.  So I figured I just wasn't cut out for music since I didn't do it on my own and every musician I have ever read about or known was drawn to play on their own from sheer joy of self expression through that media.  That said, nonetheless, I found this offer interesting because it is accelerated and I think I can hold out for 6 weeks and because the cost is reduced for this program to $25 for 2 lessons a week rather than on (unless my math is faulty.  By the way, learning something new has ALWAYS been scientifically proven to be good for your memory and the health of your brain!

Happy Trails!
Jo Ann 
Wright45@yahoo.com

SUMMER MUSIC LESSONS FOR ADULTS
Eiland Arts Center, Merchantville train station 
Interested in learning an instrument? We are offering a special acelerated set of private music lessons for adults who are interested in learning an instrument this summer. Students will take two 30 minute lessons per week over the course of four weeks in either July or August. This is a great opportunity for beginners to learn the basics, as well as for experienced musicians to hone their skills or to try out a new instrument.

We offer private lessons in guitar, ukulele, piano, bass, drums, and voice.

We will accommodate schedules as best as we can, however all lessons must be completed by August 31st.

Cost is $195 for a total of eight lessons

For scheduling, please email Mat at mat@eilandarts.com

No comments:

Post a Comment