Historic Places in South Jersey

Historic Places in South Jersey - Places to Go and Things to Do

A discussion of things to do and places to go, with the purpose
of sharing, and encouraging exploration of South Jersey.

Friday, October 11, 2019

Burlington County Historical Society-Railroads of New Jersey

Unfortunately I have plans to go to the Garbreil Daveis Open House on Sunday the 20th, so I will be unable to attend the talk by James Alexander on Railroads of New Jersey at the Burlington County Historical Society.  I really wish I could be in two places at one time but I can't.  I already promised my pal, Barb Solem to go to Gabreil Daveis as she hasn't been there yet and unlike me has limited interest in the Railroads of New Jersey.  My interest is unlimited and I am smitten with the railroad stations all along the Atlantic Avenue Line.  I have made photographs of them with the intention of someday doing a series of paintings.  Maybe I will have the opportunity to hear James Alexander at another time.

Have you seen a copy of the October History Month events?  You can get them at the Camden County Historical Society and I suggest you do that as it is chock full of wonderful history open houses, tours, speakers and events!

Also coming up is Field Day at the James and Ann Whitall House.  This should not be missed by anyone who has an interest in the Revolutionary War, or New Jersey history!  I will get more information and post it asap!

Happy Trails!
Jo Ann Wright
ps.  If you are wondering where the Gabreil Daveis Tavern is located, it is in Blackwood, just off the Black Horse Pike but I can't recall the street now.  The street sign has a historic site marker directly below it.  It could be third?
wrightj45@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment