Historic Places in South Jersey

Historic Places in South Jersey - Places to Go and Things to Do

A discussion of things to do and places to go, with the purpose
of sharing, and encouraging exploration of South Jersey.

Monday, April 6, 2020

Acts of Beauty in a Pandemic Monday, April 6

Today when I took the dog for her walk, I noticed that some local art-at-heart neighbor had decorated the corner house drive with a lovely saying and pretty chalk art.

I am so crippled up with joint trouble that I cannot get down on the ground anymore, but I went into the house, got my cane, a foot stool, a pillow and my pastels and groaning and creaking, lowered myself to the ground long enough to do one sidewalk block in honor of the effort of the that anonymous artist!

I felt like Wyeth's 'Christina's World' trying to get my cane and my stool and hoist myself back up to standing. It was such effort, I broke into a sweat!  How could this have happened to me?  I was a bicyclist, a kayaker, a yoga practitioner, a hiker, and now I can't get off the ground without an effort that demands a rest afterward!  It is a mystery to me and I can only hope that it wasn't because I was so active that my joints went bad.  My guess would be that it was simply the effect of my genetic inheritance in regard to cartilage.

Anyway, a small thing thing was done in honor of the gesture of art and beauty and maybe someone else will be inspired to do some art on another sidewalk!

No comments:

Post a Comment