Historic Places in South Jersey

Historic Places in South Jersey - Places to Go and Things to Do

A discussion of things to do and places to go, with the purpose
of sharing, and encouraging exploration of South Jersey.

Sunday, October 31, 2021

HALLOWEEN FILM FESTIVALS AT HOME

Every year throughout my life, I have enjoyed a Halloween film festival of my own . Most years it was the childhod favorites: Dracula, Wolfman, Arsenic and Old Lace, Bell Book and Candle. Last year and a few years back, I branched out and did the whol Harry Ptter set of movies and loved them. This year I was thinking of other themes that might work such as Alien Invaders: War of the Worlds, Alien. The Day the Earth Stood Still. And of course the transformations: The Fly, The Invisible Man, or ghost stories such as Topper - the whole series. I suppose considering our recent pandemic, it wouldn't be out of place to have a germ film festival: Contagion, Outbreak, Pandemic. There are a bunch of movies about the end of the world due to climate disaster, but I haven't seen them, movies about a new ice age and so on. I suppose an argument could be made for movies about the end of the world due to atomic war, but the only one I know is On the Beach. I think there are a lot of ghost movies and probably many witch movies, but I am not familiar with them. Whatever you are watching now that the Trick and Treaters are all gone home, I hope you enjoy a cozy Halloween Evening with soe leftover chocolate candy bars, popcorn, hot cider or hot chocolate and a black cat curled up and purring beside you!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN 2021

Jo Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment