Historic Places in South Jersey

Historic Places in South Jersey - Places to Go and Things to Do

A discussion of things to do and places to go, with the purpose
of sharing, and encouraging exploration of South Jersey.

Saturday, September 21, 2024

Places to Go - Happy Autumn 9/21/24

Well, I have been doing more writing about thoughts than places as I do more thinking than exploring these days, so I decided to do a post about places to visit. Last month on our monthly lunch-out, my great-niece Alex and I had lunch at the Blue Plate in Mullica Hill and it was a great lunch! We picked up a brochure while there with lots of colorful and enticing Mullica Hill Fall events listed.

22nd anual Ghost Walk (as evening descends) - Haunted Main Street Oct. 5th

Mullica Hill Fall Festival and Living History Weekend October 12 & 13 with music, craft courtyard, build a scarecrow, games and more! You can stop for lunch at the Blue Plate while there and enjoy a delicious meal!

Ghastly Tales Tour taises mone for the GAR Civil War Museum in Phila. call 856-223-5440 or www.ticketleap.com for $6 tickets.

The brochure also listes some interesting shops to visit. I would like to go to Brainstorm Books at 43 S. Main St., Mullica Hill. Looking at the ad reminded me of my loved and lost books store that used to be in Mullica Hall, Murphy's Book Loft. Among their 2 stories of many roomed book nooks, there was a room devoted to old magazines and I spent many hours and dollars buying magazines from my birth year and the birth years of my relatives and friends. Indeed those magazines felt like old friends. It broke my heart when I went there one day and it was gone. I never saw a book store like it before and probably never will again as people move more and more into tablets and amazone and the few remainin Barnes and Nobles.

Well Happy Autumn Trails! Jo Ann wrightj45@yahoo.com

Whoops, I almost forgot the Batsto Glass and Bottle Show is tomorrow 9/22 9:00 to 3:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment