Historic Places in South Jersey

Historic Places in South Jersey - Places to Go and Things to Do

A discussion of things to do and places to go, with the purpose
of sharing, and encouraging exploration of South Jersey.

Sunday, October 9, 2011

55 State Parks Project

This week I had one or two ideas. One was to make a list of all the state parks and then spend the next few months visiting them. There are 55 of them and about 11 I've already visited including High Point, and several others, so I'll search my picture files for photos from them. Meanwhile, this week, I visited two of them, Parvin State Park and Wharton State Forest.
The biggest and best trip of the week, however, was to Bivalve where the oyster sheds have been converted into a museum and art gallery. A friend and I enjoyed the beautiful paintings and then enjoyed the beautiful scenery by hiking the nature trails directly across the street from the Delaware Bayshore Project packing sheds site. The main opening will be November 11th but the 2nd Friday of each month they will have deomonstrations going on. I'll try to get to the one upcoming. The day couldn't have been more perfect and the salty air and the ships bobbing up and down on the blue bay water delightful. The docent was very helpful and informative.

No comments:

Post a Comment