Historic Places in South Jersey

Historic Places in South Jersey - Places to Go and Things to Do

A discussion of things to do and places to go, with the purpose
of sharing, and encouraging exploration of South Jersey.

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Monmouth Battlefield Annual Weekend Event

On Saturday, June 21, a volunteer buddy from the James and Ann Whitall House in Red Bank Battlefield, National Park, and I will be driving up to Monmouth for the weekend re-enactment.  In case you are interested, here is the link with an activity schedule for the day:
http://www.revolutionarynj.org/events/annual-battle-monmouth-reenactment/

On Sunday, the Whitall House hosts the annual flower show; it is a beautiful way to spend the day and I'll be tour guiding at the house for the first 2 hours, from noon to 2:00.  Hope to see you there!

Tonight I missed my first of 4 classes on the Great Civil War Battles, which are being given at Camden County College.  It is from 4:00 - 6:00.  I was really looking forward to it but I was out hiking with a friend, then I ran some errands, went out to eat, and fixed a broken turn signal on my car.  When I got in the house, it was already 45 minutes too late to go.  Well, I'll go next week.

Hope you are all finding ways to keep cool these days, a buddy and I hiked Audubon Lake/Haddon Heights Park today, 3 miles and it was cool and pleasant. 

I have another entry ready to go with pictures, but I will save it because I want the title to reflect it.  I'll post it tomorrow - it will be "Little train stations along the Atlantic Avnue"

Till we meet again - Happy Trails!  Jo Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment