Historic Places in South Jersey

Historic Places in South Jersey - Places to Go and Things to Do

A discussion of things to do and places to go, with the purpose
of sharing, and encouraging exploration of South Jersey.

Saturday, March 12, 2016

Heart Beet - Great Place to eat!

Yesterday, two friends and I were on our way for lunch and a walk.  We stopped at Sabrina's in Collingswood but it was jam packed and very noisy, so we moved on to another place we had heard about but not tried yet - Heat Beet, 29 Haddon Ave., Westmont, NJ.  609-214-2419, owner Ashley Coyne.

Two of us had the bean burger which was the best bean burner I have ever had and I've tried them everywhere I have found them on the menu including Applebees, Wildflowers, Sabrinias, Under the Moon, just off the top of my head.  It was delicious! 

Today, on my way home from hiking Pakim Pond, I phoned in an order for the BLT, which is also vegan, but so tasty!  What a perfect day, a nice hike around Pakim Pond while the sunshine lasted and a super delicious sandwich when I got home with my take-out from Heart Beet.  I strongly recommend you give it a try and I'm getting ready now to invite a friend who has a birthday coming up.  You don't have to be a vegan or a vegetarian to enjoy a food adventure in that world.  Also, it was a ver quiet and serene atmosphere;  I like a small restaurant/cafe' experience.

Happy Trails!

Oh yes, before I forget, a quareter of the trail around Pakim Pond is flooded, snow melt and rain run-off, so wear waterproof if you are hiking there.  My new hiking sticks helped me balance for hopping and tightrope walking on roots.  It has een flooded all week, which would never hold me back from my favorite spot and also my dog's favorite spot, but you should be warned to wear your wellies or take the Cranberry Trail!

No comments:

Post a Comment