Historic Places in South Jersey

Historic Places in South Jersey - Places to Go and Things to Do

A discussion of things to do and places to go, with the purpose
of sharing, and encouraging exploration of South Jersey.

Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Mothers' Day in the Pines and an Upcoming Event

My daughter and I went to Whites Bogs to hike on Monday after a delightful Mothers' Day together.  W had lunch at Maritza's in Maple Shade which, I believe, I have reviewed before.  The food is always excellent and the wait staff very polite and helpful, and the prices are suurprisingly reasonable.  Coming from Brooklyn, New York, my daughter was astonished at how much lower things were in New Jersey.  We walked around Knight's Park with Trixie, then went to the movies to see The Meddler, with Susan Sarandon.  If you are a mom of a certain age, dealing with a lot of losses, you would find much to identify with in this movie.  

Next day, we went to Whitesbog, and as I always say "I wish I could stop at the Evergreen Dairy Bar, when I pass it on Rt. 70, this time, we did stop.  We never do because everyone I know is watching her weight, but this being a celebratory weekend, we decided to throw caution to the winds and have milkshakes.  I had a Coffee flavored one and she had a Black and White.  They were DELICIOUS!  The Everygreen has been in operation since 1949 and I am so happy they still are!  The food was very good.

We had also stopped in a the Burlington City Antiques Emporeum where my daughter bought some charming vintage clothing items and I bought a bakelite box brownie camera like one I owned as a child, by mine was metal and newere.  I bought this because it fits with my 1940's kit for Women Journalists of World War Ii, not that I will ever be doing any more presentations, but you never know.  

We had a wonderful time!
At the Antiques Emporium, we were given a flyer and I payss the info on to YOU:

2016 HISTORIC BURLINGTON ANTIQUE GARDEN AND ART SHOW SUNDAY MAY 22 FROM 11a.m. to 5 p.m. 424 High Street, over 85 Dealers indoors and out!
* Evaluations up to 3 items ($5 donation)
*Re-claimed functional art pieces for home and garden
*Flowers and plants
*Complimentary Refreshments
RAIN OR SHINE
{home 609-747-8333 www.antiquesnj.com

No comments:

Post a Comment