Historic Places in South Jersey

Historic Places in South Jersey - Places to Go and Things to Do

A discussion of things to do and places to go, with the purpose
of sharing, and encouraging exploration of South Jersey.

Saturday, October 29, 2016

Inky Dinky Spider is on the town tonight! Bordentown, Thompson Street

Again this year 2016, Thompson Street is dazzling in Halloween Splendor.  It is a tremendous treat to visit the street at Halloween and see what the "Outdoor decor artists" have created to inspire, delight and make us green with envy for this holiday.

When I say greeen with envy it is because those of us who love such efforts are envious that we live on dull suburban streets where  the best you can hope for is a scarecrow and a pumpkin.  I try, a few others around my way try, but we never touch the toes of the giants of outdoor decoration who live at 5 Thompson Street.  

They should get an award!  

A friend and I drove up to Bordentown and enjoyed the trees turning colors along 295 North, then we walked up and down Thompson Street, taking in every detail of each house  Four sets of residents were outside finishing up, sweeping up leaves, and as always, happy to chat with their admirers, and I do ADMIRE what they are able to do.  Their ingenuity and their ambition stun me!  I wish I lived there.

We followed this fun with lunch at Under the Moon which was also delightfully decorated for Halloween and I love their decor anyway - vintage stuff speaks to me!  Bossa Nova musuc played softly in the background.  This time I had the quiche of the day with homefries and a  delicious salsa on top.  

We then walked up the street admiring the historic buildings and the other creative decorators efforts on the shops.  For once, I didn't go into the book shop.  I usually do.  I was short on cash and though I'd better stay out.

So if you are looking for a fun day GO TO THOMPSON STREET in Bordentown!
And the main house #5, has the most delightful team working on it.  One, a retired Art Teacher like myself told me he works for Alzheimers patients as a volunteer.  What a great person!  So charming and talented as well.  

Happy Trails,
Remember:
Even a man who is pure of heart, and says his prayers at night
may become a wolf when the wolfbane blooms,
and the autumn moon is bright! 

No comments:

Post a Comment