Historic Places in South Jersey

Historic Places in South Jersey - Places to Go and Things to Do

A discussion of things to do and places to go, with the purpose
of sharing, and encouraging exploration of South Jersey.

Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Riverton Christmas Wonderland, cost of a wreath

A few days ago, a friend and i drove to Riverton Christmas Wonderland at 6 Hartford Road, Delran NJ 08075, phone # 856-829-3560.  To be honest, you are better off using the address of Route 130 and Hartford Rd, as the shop is in the corner of a small strip mall facing the highway, Rt. 130.  

It is a small shop but it had a model railroad display and lots of railroad supplies so I was happy.  I priced the live wreaths because I am entirely decorated except for that one item.  I like to hang a wreath or two indoors for the fragrance of pine.  I have an artificial tree that is from W.Va. and I like it because my living room is very small and the tree is tall and thin, perfect for the space.

The wreaths were $12.95, but I didn't buy one.  Instead, I bought an artificial kissing ball which was $8 and a very good bargain.  I have two others on my porch and paid more.  Live Kissing balls can cost nearly $50 because of the labor that goes into making them.

I waited to get a wreat because they sell them at the local ShopRite and I though they might cost less.  They didn't.  I ended up spending $15 per wreath at ShopRite but they were full and fresh, so it was worth it.

Next stop McNaughton's where I hear they have a Gaudio's display.  It gives me inspiration and cheer to go to the Christmas Display shops.  I'll let you know how McNaughton's is this year. 

Then, it is time for Railroad Days in the towns further north, Bordentown and Burlington.  Can't put my trains up this year due to kittens.  Nothing can move without an attack from my sharp eyes little fur friends, but they are worth the sacrifice and they haven't touched my tree, so it's a deal.

I'll be back with more before Christmas, I promise, not to mention time to change the picture up above.  

Happy Holidays,
Jo Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment