Historic Places in South Jersey

Historic Places in South Jersey - Places to Go and Things to Do

A discussion of things to do and places to go, with the purpose
of sharing, and encouraging exploration of South Jersey.

Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Burlington County Historical Society Book Talk and Signing "The History of a Great American River"

The History of a Great American River - the Delaware River
Cost $5 per person - Corson Poley Center at Burlington County Historical Society Entrance on 457 High St. and 454 Lawrence St. Burlington , NJ 08016 rsvp call 609-336-4773 or e-mail
burlcohistsocprograms at verizon.net

Having been born and raised near the Delaware River, in Philadelphia, I spent my childhood close to the river, going to Sunday School at Gloria Dei Church right on the river.  Every summer my family  took the Wilson line to Riverview Beach.  As an adult, I lived within a few miles of the river and taught in Gloucester City schools, so I saw the river every day.  I went to Proprietor's Park on my breaks to watch the river and relax, and still go there to see the spectacular sunsets over the marina. 

You could say the Delaware River and I have been neighbors.  I will probably go to this lecure as I have enjoyed the ones presented in the past very much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment