Historic Places in South Jersey

Historic Places in South Jersey - Places to Go and Things to Do

A discussion of things to do and places to go, with the purpose
of sharing, and encouraging exploration of South Jersey.

Saturday, April 7, 2018

Apple Cider Donuts chase the blues on a gloomy Day!

Second day of local joy!  Yesterday it was Maritza's followed by Rails to Trails in Merchantville with banks of daffodils in bloom, and a trip to Platt's Farm for pots of winter pansies.

Today my best buddy and I had lunch at Station Ave. Cafe' followed by a trip to Duffields, off Ganttown Rd/Chapel Heights Rd., Sewell, Nj for Apple Cider Donuts coated with cinnamon sugar!  They have hundreds of other delicious things from the farm there too, though, and a bakery, AND you can get a coffee to go with your donuts.  They have a brochure filled with delicious seasonal baked goods, pumpkin things in fall, blueberry baked goods in summer.

Last, we went to Antiques Only, on Ganttown Rd - a treasure trove of every imaginable thing from the old days.  My favorite things were a light up globe and a painted lunch box.  Gail liked an iridescent-salmon colored, fluted candy dish.  I resisted buying the lunch box though I REALLY wanted it because just this morning I paid a giant dental bill with more to come and it made me a little more budget conscious than I might have been otherwise.

It may have been cold and damp and gloomy outside but it was cheery everywhere we went and the fun we had brightened the day considerably AND tomorrow morning when the Sunday New York Times comes, I will have Apple Cider Donuts to have with my coffee and paper!

Happy Trails,
Jo Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment