Historic Places in South Jersey

Historic Places in South Jersey - Places to Go and Things to Do

A discussion of things to do and places to go, with the purpose
of sharing, and encouraging exploration of South Jersey.

Friday, December 7, 2018

Holiday Shopping

Not finished your holiday shopping yet?  Looking for that special something - a little different, unique for that special friend?  Well, Rancocas Woods is having the holiday market on Saturday, December 8th from 10 to 5 AND Eiland Arts is having a special 8th year Holiday Market at The Station - the train station on Centre and Railroad in Merchantville, NJ tonight, Friday from 6 to 9 (I think) and tomorrow with a special Hot Chocolate Bar!  So, have fun and finish your shopping.

I won't be able to join you for either of these because I will be touring historic homes in Greenwich with a couple of friends tomorrow and I am so looking forward to it because I love Greenwich (this is the one - pronounced Green witch! -  at the very bottom of New Jersey on the Cohansey River and  near the Maurice River, not to be confused with Greenwich township - pronounced Grinch).  Greenwich on the Cohansey was the site of a tea burning curing the Revolutionary War and also hosts a wonderful fall festival with crafts and music and a parade which I very much enjoyed visiting in past years when my car was in better shape.  Until I get a new car, sometime next year, I have to stay closer to home.  Greenwich on the Cohansey is a good hours drive from where I live, but you pass through lovely farmland and some very interesting Southern New Jersey towns.

Hope your weekend is delightful and that these tips give you some good ideas of fun places to go for the holiday spirit!

Happy Holidays!
Jo Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment