Historic Places in South Jersey

Historic Places in South Jersey - Places to Go and Things to Do

A discussion of things to do and places to go, with the purpose
of sharing, and encouraging exploration of South Jersey.

Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Southern Ukes

The Southern Ukes will be performing at Vogelson Branch of Camden County Library System at 1:00 this Saturday, Dec. 22.  As you may recall if you have visited my blog before, I took ukulele lessons at the Collingswood Music Shop for a year some time back.  I loved it but really couldn't afford to keep taking the lessons and I wasn't progressing well enough on my own to improve independently.  I did due diligence but didn't just pick it up and play for the fun of it as I should have if I were going to get anywhere.  I had always wanted to learn to play an instrument but perhaps Art and Writing are all the hobbies in store for me.

Anyhow, I am working on getting over to the library for this event.  Hope to get there and to see you there!  Uses are not expensive to buy and a lot of fun to play.

Directions:
From Rt. 30/White Horse Pike: Follow Rt. 30 to Somerdale Rd. There is a Taco Bell and a Shell station at this intersection. If traveling from the Camden area, turn left onto Somerdale Rd. If traveling from the Berlin area, turn right onto Somerdale Rd. Follow Somerdale Rd. to the 2nd traffic light and turn right onto Burnt Mill Rd. Follow Burnt Mill Rd. to the 1st traffic light and make a left onto Laurel Rd. The Voorhees Town Center will be on your left and the Camden County Library will be on your right just past the high rise office building. Turn left at the 1st traffic light and park in the Voorhees Town Center parking lot directly across the street from the library.

No comments:

Post a Comment