Historic Places in South Jersey

Historic Places in South Jersey - Places to Go and Things to Do

A discussion of things to do and places to go, with the purpose
of sharing, and encouraging exploration of South Jersey.

Monday, July 15, 2019

Moon Reviews

Sorry I didn't get to tell you about this one in time, but I only found out today:  Victorian Vanities presents:  20 secrets you didn't know about the Space Race!  I took notes but the only detail I will give you here is that Werner Von Braun, rocket expert, was recruited from Germany's rocket weapons program, and he was a Nazi.  The presenter was Excellent; she gave background to the Cold War and lots of down to earth everyday details like sharing air raid drill experiences and listing items we didn't have before the space race (Tang, to name just one).  If you get a chance to hear this, don't miss it - she is going to Princeton Library tomorrow

Still to enjoy - Woodbury Library is doing a presentation on the Apollo mission.  It will be at 6:30 and I will be there!

Today I watched a superb movie about the moon landing called FIRST MAN starring Ryan Gosling. I watched it on amazon prime but it was recommended to me by a friend who saw it in the theaters, so it may still be in theaters near you!  Very good - riveting action and excellent acting.  It brought it all back so vividly and I learned a lot that I didn't know.

Five days to BLAST OFF - July 20 is the actual date of the moon landing.  I hope you have something planned to celebrate!

Happy Trails!
Jo Ann    wrightj45@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment