Historic Places in South Jersey

Historic Places in South Jersey - Places to Go and Things to Do

A discussion of things to do and places to go, with the purpose
of sharing, and encouraging exploration of South Jersey.

Saturday, August 24, 2019

Today - Rancocas Arts and Crafts FAIR Saturday, August 24th, 2019

Today, an old high school friend of mine with whom I renewed an acquaintance through our Merchantville High School Reunion Group, are driving out to Rancocas Woods for the Arts and Crafts Fair and Open House!

Honestly, I can't imagine a more perfect day for it.  Have you ever noticed how the next season (in this case Autumn) is often preceded by a few days of weather inviting you to anticipate!  I am always so tired of summer by the end of August, that the two days of cool we are enjoying have been like heaven to me.  I walk my dog every day and I have felt like a melting block of cheese after our walks in the 90 degree heat.  Yesterday it was 70 and it was wonderful.  

Rancocas Woods has been one of my favorite places to visit since early youth.  My first boyfriend, when I was 16 and he was 17, had a car.  He was an automobile aficionado and collector of foreign sports cars, so we spent a lot of time on Admiral Wilson Bvd. which in the 1960's was one car lot after another.  And we spent a lot of dates driving places, which I LOVED!  

We drove to Rancocas Woods often.  We liked the little log cabins, especially me.  Since childhood and Lincoln Logs, I have always been a big fan of log houses and the ones at Rancocas Woods are CHARMING!  Also, over the many years, coffee shops and little luncheonettes have risen and disappeared like mushrooms, so we would drive there have a cup of coffee or a lunch and drive home.

I continued the day tour during my daughter's childhood as soon as I had a car.  All the shops by then were closed and it was kind of sad looking there, although our first trip was winter and the log cabins looked wonderful in the snow.  

Now, Rancocas Woods, along Creek Road is flourishing with many shops of antiques, furniture, gifts, crafts, and a small luncheon place as well as a coffee corner in an antique shop, so if you are looking for a fun place to visit, try Rancocas Woods.  I can't tell you what it will be like on Arts and Crafts Fair Day because I have never gone on a Fair day before, so I anticipate parking may be difficult.  I hope not.  But I will let you know.

If you are looking for interesting birthday or Christmas gifts, you can't go wrong at Rancocas Woods, Creek Rd shopping strip.  Hope you find your way there if not today, some time soon.  You will make it a regular day trip destination once you enjoy it.

Happy Trails!
Jo Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment