Historic Places in South Jersey

Historic Places in South Jersey - Places to Go and Things to Do

A discussion of things to do and places to go, with the purpose
of sharing, and encouraging exploration of South Jersey.

Friday, October 20, 2023

Do you love trains?

Embark on a rare-milage autumn-themed journey along the Woodstown Central Railroad! Take in the lush woods and scenic farmland as our train travels to the beautiful Fenwick Grove. Here, passengers will disembark for 30 minutes and enjoy many of the activities included in your train ticket:

-Pick out a pumpkin (decorating kit included)

-Enjoy cider and a donut from our station

-Play fall-themed activities

-Take in the views along the Fenwick Creek

This is an unforgettable Fall experience that you won’t soon forget. Please allow approximately 90 minutes for your entire experience

Personal Note: Okay, heere come the tears! Whenever I think of train rides I think of my fathr and the last train ride of the many we took throughout our family lives as childresn. My father loved trains and having grown up in the last days of the era of train travel, I loved them too. We took train rides in Pa., W.Va. and any place we traveled that had a train ride available. When my daugher was a bit older, I took her on train rides in Strasbourg, Pa. and Jim Thorpe, Pa.

Our last family train ride was the Thanksgiving Train Dinner out of Petersburg, W.Va. We loved it! It must have been 1999 or so because my mother died in 2000. Almost every day I have a memory of my mother or my father and it brings tears to my eyes, but I am grateful for all the very happy memories we gathered before they left us. My father died in 2011. I would love to go on the Woodstown train trip but I find myself at this point in my life, I am 77, soon to be 78 in one month, not really able to drive many places due to declining eye sight, and like so many people in this period of our history, my daughter lives far away. New York City isn't that far geographically but the traffic and difficulty of getting here from there combined with their busy lives making a living in today's difficult economy make any kind of family event difficult. I hope you can make the Woodstown train ride and store up a happy memory for yourself and whoever you take with you! Happy Trails Jo Ann wrightj45@yahoo.com (if you wish to comment as the comment section of blogspot is destroyed by spammers)

No comments:

Post a Comment