Historic Places in South Jersey

Historic Places in South Jersey - Places to Go and Things to Do

A discussion of things to do and places to go, with the purpose
of sharing, and encouraging exploration of South Jersey.

Saturday, October 28, 2023

Tiny Art at The Station (Eiland Art Center) Chestnut St., Merchantville, NJ

Tiny Art exhibition returns to The Station this month through December and I am honored and overjoyed to have three of my small paintings accepted into the show. My three paintings are all autumn landscapes because that is what moved me when I was getting ready to do work for this show. All of the works are about postcard sized. Mine three framed acrlylic on canvas paintings are 5 X 7 and ready to hang. One is the Red Bridge at Knight Park in Collingswood, another is a splendid tree at Audubon Lake, and finally the third is my second painting of the final autumn of the little woods that used to be on Northmont Avenue in Mt. Ephraim. The little woods held a small rustic home in a large pasture beside it. The property was purchased and four large two story homes were built there and the woods cut down. Before the demolition, the little woods blazed in a final gloroius splendor in an autumn afternoon sun.

I have been going regularly to the Station Cafe for lunch lately, twide last week, in fact. One day, Chef Jenny had made the most delicious butternut squash soup I have ever tasted. I wish she would make it more often, that alone is enough to draw me back! I don't know if you have ever cut up a butternut squash but it is no easy task. I am only too happy to have someone else do the work and for me to enjoy the delicious results! Along with the delicious soups, there are wonderful sandiwhiches. My current favorite is the breakfast croissant which is scrambled egg and cheese and coonut bacon (Vegan) on a flaky croisant - YUMMY! My friend Barb with whom I had lunch on Friday has a favorite too, the Vegan BLT on foccacio bread!

Along with a great art show, there are charming gifts and cards to browse for your upcoming holiday season gift giving. So many reasons to visit the Station, and get on their mailing list becaue they have pop up gournmet dinners - another great gift idea for that special someone.

Happy Trails Jo Ann wrightj45@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment