Historic Places in South Jersey

Historic Places in South Jersey - Places to Go and Things to Do

A discussion of things to do and places to go, with the purpose
of sharing, and encouraging exploration of South Jersey.

Saturday, April 8, 2017

Little Free Library Movement

On my way to Haddon Lake Park today, I passed a "Free Little Library" on, I think, Sylvan Drive.  

For about 12 years I have been aware of the free book movement and back in 2006, when I still worked at the University of the Arts, I participated by putting free books in the Atrium of the old hall, of the building that used to be PCA (Philadelphia College of Art) and also on benches such as the one in the park nearby.  

At that time,you registered the free book online, and borrowers went online to post that they had borrowed it.  I don't think people bother with that anymore, but I have seen photos of the free little libraries before.  I never saw one in person however  

Now that I know it is there, I plan to go back and leave some books!  I would like to put one outside my house too, but I am afraid of vandalism.  Maybe I will be optimistic and give it a try!  What a wonderful idea!

Happy Trails!
Jo Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment