Historic Places in South Jersey

Historic Places in South Jersey - Places to Go and Things to Do

A discussion of things to do and places to go, with the purpose
of sharing, and encouraging exploration of South Jersey.

Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Chair Yoga

Chair Yoga in Cherry Hill or Haddon Twp.
Camden County Board of Freeholders is offering one hour classes FREE in chair yoga.  If like me, you have knee problems, you might want to try Chair Yoga.  I have taken Yoga many times beginning in the 1970's when Cherry Hill High School offered night classes, again in the 1990's at Lady of Lourdes in Collingswood, and most recently at Collingswood Community Center, and Barrington Gym - Royal Fitness.  All of them cost money, and this series is FREE!  So why not give it a try.  I have found yoga to be immensely helpful not only in flexibility in your body, but also in calming the mind.  I missed not being able to do it anymore but I can't kneel, lunge, or squat due to cartilage loss in one knee and torn meniscus in the other and probably arthritis in both.  Classes begin Monday March 26 and continue on Mondays through May.  What an opportunity!

To reserve your spot call 856-858-2986 Tom Castellano or email tom.castellano@camdencounty.com

Classes are Mondays at 1:00 at William J. Rohrer Memorial Library, 15 MacArthur Blv.

For Cherry Hill clases, mostly on Wednesdays, at the Municipal Bldg. 820 Mercer St. also at 1:00 call 856-488-7868 or email recreation@chtownship.com

The classes are suitable for all experience levels.

I try to stay fit by going to the gym 3 to 4 times a week, and walking most days, but I was just lamenting to my gym buddy last week that I needed more stretching in my routine and I don't have the personal discipline to do it on my own, I need a group and an appointment to get it done.  

Hope you are keeping fit so you can enjoy all the places to go and things to do in South Jersey - speaking of which:

This Saturday, March 24, Dorothy Stanaitis will be doing a program on Immigrant Girls at the Woodstown Friends Meeting House, Main Street, Woodstown.  She has already registered me, so I don't have the number there but I am sure you can find it if you are interested.  There is a tea at noon followed by the presentation at 1:00.

Book Recommendation for History Buffs:  BEHEMOTH:  A History of the Factory and the Making of the Modern World by Joshua Freeman.  Getting great reviews.  I haven't bought it yet - I have  a stack of books to et through before I buy any more, but I will get it eventually.  Ever work in a factory?  I did one summer while working my way through college.  It was an experience.  It was at Alchester Mills in Camden, Nj.  


No comments:

Post a Comment