Historic Places in South Jersey

Historic Places in South Jersey - Places to Go and Things to Do

A discussion of things to do and places to go, with the purpose
of sharing, and encouraging exploration of South Jersey.

Thursday, April 29, 2021

Movie Review - NOMADLAND

If you haven't seen Nomadland yet, I reecommend it. I first ran across this story as an essay in The Atlantic or Harpers, then I bought the book. The movie is wonderful! Having lived on the road once, myself, in my youth for a year, I could relate to the experience although I was young. Don't know how I would feel about it now in my 70's and definitely wouldn't want to be working for amazon in my 70's though lots of people are. I have met people living in campers in parking lots and in the woods at campgrounds, where you can stay but you can't stay long. What I found most comforting about the otherwise bleak and sad movie, was the way people helped one another and hwo they looked on the bright side and let nature and beautiful scenery lift their weary and burdened spirits. Also, as mystics have known for millenia, there is something about going off and living in simplicity and solitude that brings spiritual peace. The movie is beautiful and thought provoking. I hope you find it and enjoy it.

Jo Ann

wrightj45@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment