Historic Places in South Jersey

Historic Places in South Jersey - Places to Go and Things to Do

A discussion of things to do and places to go, with the purpose
of sharing, and encouraging exploration of South Jersey.

Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Places to go for Christmas 2021

Just received one of my most favorite magazines, Early American Life! Although I have only just finished decorating for Halloween and autumn, the new issue of EAL is devoted to Christmas, my favorite holiday! There is an article about a newly re-0pened Christmas venue:

National Christmas Center Family Attraction & Museum 363 Google reviews Tourist attraction in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania Address: 3427 Lincoln Hwy, Paradise, PA 17562 Phone: (717) 442-7950

It was apparently closed for a long long time and was only recently bought and re-opened. Among my favorite places to visit this time of year are these Pennsylvania locations: JIM THOREPE, PA. Where I have hiked the long road along the Lehingh River, and in froen winter, hiked the frozen trail to the top of the waterfall, but in the early autumn, jsut visiting the town is a delight. There are charming places to eat lunch and the wonderful train ride. Sadly the spectacular light up panorama train set-up of the town and environs which used to light for dawn and through the day to dusk, is no longer in operation as I discovered on my last visit, before the pandemic, but there is still plenty to see just walking the streets of the historic town, the jail where the Labor martyrs, The Molly Maguires were held until they were executed, the quaint theater, the delightful back streets, the house of the railroad magnate which is open for tours, Packard estate. Also I love to visit Lancaster County, the wonderful Amish markets and restaurants, and of course the greatest of all GETTYSBURG! <[/> I have never heard of or visited the National Chrismas Center though, but in a month I will be buying a car. My old one has given 15 years of great service but we have reached a dead end road. The transmission is dying and I can't pass inspection so it is time to buy again. And when I do, perhaps one of my visit will be to the National Christmas Center. If not, at least maybe you will!

I am sure I will be back with another idea for a place to go or a thing to do before Christmas, so tune in again! Meanwhile, Time for the Cranberry Harvest so head out to Whitesbog! Happy Trails!

Jo Ann wrightj45@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment