Historic Places in South Jersey

Historic Places in South Jersey - Places to Go and Things to Do

A discussion of things to do and places to go, with the purpose
of sharing, and encouraging exploration of South Jersey.

Friday, March 28, 2014

Interesting web site

As many of you know, I am a volunteer docent at the James and Ann Whitall House, Red Bank Battlefield, National Park, NJ.  One of the other docents has recently created a very interesting and informative web site that I wanted to recommend if you would like more information on this important historic place is South Jersey.  Please visit and offer support for his sterling effort!

ALSO - You may remember that I went 'N' gauge train crazy last December and visited as many train exhibits as I could find.  Looking through  materials I collected from my recent adventures in Millville and Glassboro, I came upon an "Upcoming Events" flyer from the South Jersey Museum of American History and VOILA!  What did I discover but "Vintage HO & N Gauge Model Trains" in July! July 3rd through 27th this summer you can see platforms from the 50's and 60's featuring Plasticville and Revel buildings at the museum.  I'll certainly try to be there and enjoy my favorites the  "N" gauge model train platforms while my own train set hibernates until next Christmas.

Happy Trails!
Jo Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment