Historic Places in South Jersey

Historic Places in South Jersey - Places to Go and Things to Do

A discussion of things to do and places to go, with the purpose
of sharing, and encouraging exploration of South Jersey.

Saturday, September 12, 2015

Thank You Tom Wolfe at Pakim Pond

Yesterday when I hiked at Pakim Pond with my dog, Trixie, I had stopped to take a photo of two frolicking deer, and apparently that's where I dropped my expensive prescription glasses.  My eyesight has grown progressively worse over the past few years and I needed prescription glasses to drive.  Last night, I decided I would drive back this morning and see if I could find my lost glasses.  The eyesight problem, by the way, is why I put the text in a larger size.  

This morning I stopped at the Ranger Office on my way to the pond to drop off a card with my name in case anyone might turn in the glasses and THERE THEY WERE!  I said I wished I could thank the ranger who had found them and turned them in.  The lady at the counter said his name was Tom Wolfe.

When I got to the pond some fellows were clearing brush from the fences.  I asked one if his name was Tom Wolfe and it was so I got to thank him in person.  He said he had found them where the fence meets the sand road, and that was where I had stopped to take a picture of the deer.  He said the deer were around there a lot.  I asked if hunting was allowed there and he said it was not.  What a relief.

He said the three deer had been there since they were orphaned little fawns.  

When Trixie and I got back from hiking around the pond, I wanted to give Tom Wolfe a copy of my book, White Horse Black Horse, but he had already gone, so I gave it to another fellow along with a copy for himself.  

It is so encouraging in this world to find people who are thoughtful and kind and go the extra step to help someone out.  From now on, I will be more careful with my glasses and tomorrow I will post a photo of Tom Wolf patting Trixie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment