Historic Places in South Jersey

Historic Places in South Jersey - Places to Go and Things to Do

A discussion of things to do and places to go, with the purpose
of sharing, and encouraging exploration of South Jersey.

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Sights Seen and Upcoming PlacesTo Go

Driving home from a store this weekend, my daughter and I passed the MOST enormous American flag we had ever seen, hoisted up into the blue sky by two giant cranes.  I asked a man crossing the street what it was all about, and he said it was  Harley Davidson Memorial 9/11 Rally - hundreds of motorcyclists riding hundreds of miles in memory of the hundreds of Americans who lost their lives.  May they always be remembered.

On another subject:  Do you have books you want to get rid of?  I do.  And I have often bought books from Better World Books via amazon.com, so I was glad to see that they had book drop boxes where you can deposit your books and let them continue their lives in the hands of new readers:  
ShopRite Plaza at Haddonfield Berlin Rd. and Rt. 154 in Cherry Hill
and
Garden State Pavilions at Rt. 70 and Cornell Ave
I haven't visited either one yet, but I am doing a de-cluttering and expect to visit them soon.  I'll let you know how hard they are to find.  

Collingswood always has fun things to do along with beautiful parks to hike, but here are a few things I liked from their local paper, What's On:  Classic Car Cruise, September 15, and Sept 22.(I believe these are in the evening), There will be historic architecture docent guided tours in Collingswood which has some notable houses, on September 22 beginning at noon.  They said to visit their website for more info.  www.Collingswood.com.

I haven't been to any new places and few old favorites to write to you about.  I've been working on my fitness project.  Lost 15 pounds and got into a great daily habit of an hour of walking and an hour of working out at the gym.  This will keep me in good shape to keep up with Places To Go and Things To Do.  Today, I did my walking at Timber Creek Dog Park, on the old horse trail, with two best walking buddies, the two Barbaras.  Every day I am at Knight's Park, usually before I go to the gym around 9:00 or 9:30.  It is very peaceful there then, not to mention C o o l.  Hope to see you -
On the Trail
Jo Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment