Historic Places in South Jersey

Historic Places in South Jersey - Places to Go and Things to Do

A discussion of things to do and places to go, with the purpose
of sharing, and encouraging exploration of South Jersey.

Friday, June 22, 2018

A Buck a Bag Book Sale Haddon Twp. Library


Right off Cuthbert/Nicholson Rd. in Haddon Twp, across from Newton Creek Park and Saddler's Woods is my new library.  I found it when I discovered free Chair Yoga classes a few months back and I was able to join for free as my town, Mt. Ephraim, has no library.  

It is a lovely library, bright and well equipped with a good deal of interesting programming.  Yesterday I went over and since my shopping bag was larger than a plastic bag, I paid two dollars but I got 6 good hard back books and 8 magazines.  Have you noticed how much magazines cost off the rack these days?  All the magazines I bought:  New York, National Geographic, Philadelphia, and Country Living, were only a month old - March to May 2018, and in perfect condition.  I bought a bunch of books by authors I recognized such as Jeff Schaara (mainly epic historic fiction) and I know him from my Civil War collection, and Amy Tan (who wrote a best seller once called The Joy Luck Club).  And a few authors I did not know but the books looked good.  Anyhow how could you go wrong on nickels and dimes on the dollar? 

Meanwhile they also said I could bring books to them to donate also, but only one box at a time, a small box!  So any of the contemporary fiction I have finished that none of my friends want, I will bring to them to add to their sale!

For rainy days when you can't be out on adventures, stock up for indoor adventures!  

Happy Trails!
Jo Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment