Historic Places in South Jersey

Historic Places in South Jersey - Places to Go and Things to Do

A discussion of things to do and places to go, with the purpose
of sharing, and encouraging exploration of South Jersey.

Friday, July 27, 2018

Music Post

Not to make excuses for myself, but the dog I adopted, Uma, has been keeping me pretty busy with walks and renovations for various new enterprises of hers.  For example, today, I had to get some wood, paint it and make horizontal cross braces for the stairway to the attic as Uma climbed over the recliner, went between the stair rail spindles, and squeezed through the cat door to go to the bathroom in the attic during the night.

Just in case you think it is my fault she had to go and couldn't get out, she had been taken for her evening walk, and had been put on her cable in the back yard at bedtime for half an hour, as we do every night.

Anyhow, finally, after the wood was painted, cut, and affixed between the spindles, I had a rest period and enjoyed reading the copy of the Gloucester City News that I had picked up at my favorite hardware store, Carr's right on Broaday in Gloucester City, while buying paint.

Two concerts are coming up at Proprietor's Park in Gloucester in August and they are FREE.  Aug. 7 is NAKED SUN, and the opener is SARAH O'BRIEN.  On August 21, will be the ELECTRIC SWIGZ, with TONY SCHOTT opening. 
Both Concerts are from 7 to 9 pm and Proprietor's Park is on King Street at Powell, if you aren't familiar with the location.  The concerts are hosted by the memorable and erudite Michael Tearson of WMMR fame.  

If you are down by the river for music, you might also like to tune in to the Wiggins Park Sunset Jazz Series, also free.  Aug. 8th will be RAUL MIDON.

And in that same area, I couldn't forget to mention the WXPN festival, especially as I am a member:
XPoNential Music Festival
July 27, 28, & 29 | All Day
BB&T Pavilion & Wiggins Waterfront Park, 
Camden Waterfront
 

The XPoNential Music Festival, presented by Subaru, comes to the BB&T Pavilion and Wiggins Waterfront Park for a three-day event! 30+ performers on three stages offer an eclectic line-up of established and up-and-coming artists heard on the award-winning Philadelphia public radio station, WXPN 88.5-FM. XPN is proud to celebrate its 25th year of bringing true music fans together for a family-friendly experience along the riverfront.

Since I opened with a note about my dog, I should also add a tip from BROTHER of the Wolf, a column in Gloucester City News.  Even though I am a vegetarian, I understand that my dog and my cats are carnivores and need to eat a meat based diet.  If you aren't sure and would like to know more, please check with your vet before inflicting a vegan or vegetarian diet on your dog or cats.  I have many vegan friends and a vegetarian veterinarian friend and they all agree that dogs and cats must have a meat based diet.  

Happy Trails with your Happy Tails!

No comments:

Post a Comment