Historic Places in South Jersey

Historic Places in South Jersey - Places to Go and Things to Do

A discussion of things to do and places to go, with the purpose
of sharing, and encouraging exploration of South Jersey.

Friday, August 3, 2018

Griffith Morgan House

Griffith Morgan House, 243 Griffith Morgan Lane, Pennsauken, New Jersey, is one of my favorite historic houses in the area.  Since I spent some teen years in Maple Shade in a development on the Pennsauken Creek, I have an interest in the earliest settlers and settlements and it is said that the original homestead dates back to 1693 and may be the oldest in Camden County.  

This Sunday they are hosting Militia day from noon to 4 p.m. and I most sincerely hope to be able to find a friend willing to drive me over there to visit.  

Another homestead cared for by the same group of volunteers is the Burrough Dover House which I seem to no longer be able to locate though I found it many times before.  Recently, on three attempts I had to give up and go home without having found the house.  Maybe I can get better directions on Sunday when I am at the Griffith Morgan house and see the volunteers in person.  They can give me a landmark for the turn off onto Sorrel Horse Rd.

If you are free, you should try to make it over for this event!
Happy Trails,
Jo Ann Wright

ps.  Tomorrow I am having lunch at the Rusty Door on Creek Road in Rancocas.  I haven't been to this little cafe' yet and I am very much anticipating having lunch in one of my favorite spots - Rancocas Woods!  I will be checking in at the Antiques Emporium and perhaps the Book Store!

No comments:

Post a Comment