Historic Places in South Jersey

Historic Places in South Jersey - Places to Go and Things to Do

A discussion of things to do and places to go, with the purpose
of sharing, and encouraging exploration of South Jersey.

Friday, February 8, 2019

Something for Feb., Mar. & Apr. 2019

If you have, as I have had, an interest in the American Revolution, you may know the American Revolutionary Roundtable and their events.  On the 12th, Steve Elliot will present on "Provisioning the Continental Army" at the Burlington County Lyceum on 307 High St., Mt. Holly.  I would love to go but my eyesight has canceled night driving for me unfortunately.

In March, you can learn to make a gourd bird house at the Whittal House at Red Bank Battlefield thanks to the Master Gardeners.  The workshop is from 10:00 am to noon on March 30th and you should send your $13.00 check and registration info to Gloucester County Certified Gardeners, 1200 North Delsea Drive,  Bldg. E, Clayton, NJ 08012

Also at that address for Certified Garedeners is a Symposium o April 23rd.  Call 856-397-6456 for more information.

Today actually felt a little bit like spring once the sun came out, so thoughts of gardening might be entering the minds of those inclined.  I have enough work keeping my yard from returning to the briar English Ivy overrun jungle it wants to become, so I don't do much gardening any longer.  Mostly I buy some large pots of spring flowers from the garden shop on the Black Horse Pike near Blackwood, or from Platt's Farm on Cohawkin Rd. in Mickleton.
I put them into two large concrete planters on my path into the porch and then just try to keep them watered.  The yard looks pretty desperate right now, as a matter of fact, littered with the debris of our winter so far, dead brown leaves, and broken branches.

Well, I am sorry I haven't posted anything for Valentine's Day, I did get some e-mail from Visit New Jersey on places to go for music, theater or wine, but I was too lazy to copy the information by pen and type it in here since I don't drink, eat chocolate or go out at night.  I couldn't just copy and paste the info as the stuff sent that way disables my blog somehow.  By now you probably already have something in mind if you have a Valentine.  As for me, I sent out 30 valentines to friends.  I have always loved postal communication and it lets people know I was thinking of them.

Have a happy Valentine's Day!  
Jo Ann 

No comments:

Post a Comment