Historic Places in South Jersey

Historic Places in South Jersey - Places to Go and Things to Do

A discussion of things to do and places to go, with the purpose
of sharing, and encouraging exploration of South Jersey.

Tuesday, August 25, 2026

Dolly Parton has died at age 80

Dolly Parton, country music legend, dies at 80

> "With a distinguished career that lasted decades, Parton is the best-selling female country music artist of all time, having sold more than 160 million albums worldwide."

I won't copy and paste the whole paragraph of awards and hits Doly achieved in her life time. She was what a great star should be a great soul along with a great talent and a beauty. She was generous and kind and also devoted to wonderful phanthropic programs like her prouject that sent books to children to encourage literacy. Her father she said, had never learned to read and write.

Just a couple of nights ago, I had watched a documentary about Linda Ronstadt and in the end Linda was making an album with Dolly Parton and Emmy Lou Harris, clled Trio. I was reminded how kind Dolly was to other stars, supportive and warm.

My brother called to tell me Dolly died, and it made me cry. I am going to make a portrait of her to celebrate her life and honor her, and tonight I will watch a documentary about her as well. Happy Trails Dolly, wherever it is we go - wrightj45@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment