Historic Places in South Jersey

Historic Places in South Jersey - Places to Go and Things to Do

A discussion of things to do and places to go, with the purpose
of sharing, and encouraging exploration of South Jersey.

Friday, September 6, 2013

Fido Festival USA

A quick interjection before I do another Civilian Conservation Corps entry:  On September 7th and 8th from 10:00 a.m. to 5: p.m. there will be a festival of dogs at the Salem County Fairgrounds, Woodstown, NJ.

There will be contests, entertainment, a parade, tips and adoptions from rescues and shelters.  Of course there will be food vendors too and they say (on their postcard), "much much more."

Although I have never  been to the Fido Fest myself, a close friend you've heard me mention many times, a hiking buddy, Barbara Spector, is also a volunteer at local shelters and spay clinics and she has been to the Fair, and she says it is hilarious and uplifting.  Personally, I'm looking forward to the world famous frisbee dog demonstrations.  My dog has only a few tricks (and those the conventional ones, sit and shake hands - even roll over) but she is well behaved over all and a most satisfactory companion.
For someone who loves to walk more than anything, you can't ask for a better pal than a dog.  She doesn't care where, or what the weather, she is always ready to put on the collar or harness & leash (preferably off the leash) and walk. 

We especially like to hike in the woods however and will be most joyful when the weather stays as cool as it is becoming now and we can do longer hikes in the Pine Barrens without threat of ticks and chiggers. 

I'll be at a Vegetarian Society Picnic tomorrow - sorry, I'm going with another friend and I have no further information on that!  Then Sunday, I'll be at Fido Fest with Trixie, my Lab/Weimaraner mix.  On Monday, it's the 'Boards' for me and several other retired teacher friends.  We like the seashore best at the END of the season.

My next entry on the CCC will be #8 Protest and Rebellion - so get tuned in again!
Meanwhile, Happy Trails to you and if you have a dog you take on the trail with you - bring your dog to Fido Fest at the Woodstown Fairgrounds.  For more info:
www.fidofestivalUSA.com or call 856-Fido-3436
Happy Trails!  Jo Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment