Historic Places in South Jersey

Historic Places in South Jersey - Places to Go and Things to Do

A discussion of things to do and places to go, with the purpose
of sharing, and encouraging exploration of South Jersey.

Sunday, September 28, 2014

Batsto Glass, Bottle, and Antique Fair 9/28/14

Today, Barb Solem and I went to the Batsto Glass/Bottle and Antique Fair.  What a beautiful Day!  We took the 1.8 mile hike along the lake afterward which was my favorite part of the day, as always.  Although I try not to buy anything any more, after two devastating attempts at de-cluttering and paring down my posessions, I did buy some small Halloween decorations, a few of which I will send to my daughter in Brooklyn.  
There were a good number of people at the Fair and walking around the village which is a marvelous place to visit and one I have made it a point to see every season throughout my life.  Fortunately, I have lots of friends who love hiking in the woods as much as I do.  
Barbara will be having her book launch and signing at Batsto on the 12th.  The book looks beautiful and I can't wait to buy my copy.  It will make a splendid Christmas gift too!.
Sadly, I missed the Greenwich Artisans' Fair again this year!  It was Saturday and my day at Winterthur on Friday, along with some family obligations made a simple day-at-home a necessity.  However, here are some coming up if you are interested:
Cape May Harvest Festival October 4th - 10:00 a.m.
Ocean City boardwalk sales same day
Sea Isle City Harborfest same day at 11:00
There is also a Festival at Wildwood on that day, so maybe you could actually visit all of them, if you are making the drive down to the seashore anyway!  
Happy Trails!  As always if you want to e-mail me, here is my e-m address - wrightj45@yahoo.com.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment