Historic Places in South Jersey

Historic Places in South Jersey - Places to Go and Things to Do

A discussion of things to do and places to go, with the purpose
of sharing, and encouraging exploration of South Jersey.

Thursday, February 23, 2017

Stuff Going On All over South Jersey!

Just got issue of SJFirst, a AAA magazine and found a few things to tell you about.  Generally when I am posting, I am thinking of the person who is looking for something to do and may have heard about this blog.  That was why I created it.  When I was retiring, a few other retirees were saying they didn't know what to do with themselves and I had so many things to do and places to go I was busy every day, so I thought I would share them.  I am a big reader, of magazines, brochures, local papers, you name it.  And I have rarely to never met a brochure I didn't take home with me.  So:

1.  If you love lighthouses (and I do!) Hereford Inslet Lighthouse Maritime Festival North Wildwood is being held in mid June - food, music, living history pirates - sounds like fun.  The magazine didn't post an exact date or a place to get information.  They want you to book their tours, so you will have to look this one up on your own, but if you found me, you can find the lighthouse site!

2.  If you like theater:  
Barefoot in thePark, Friday March 10 at 8 p.m. The Broadway Theater of Pitman thebroadwaytheatre.org

To Kill A Mockingbird, Friday March 17, 8 p.m. at The Ritz Theatre Company, Oaklyn (my personal favorite and what could be a better time to revisit this classic since Go Tell a Watchman was published to great hoopla a year or so ago!) ritztheatreco.org


If it is food that rings your bell, A Taste of Collingwood takes place Saturday, March 11 from 1-3 downtown Collingwood
onthetownfoodtours.com  (now food is not generally my thing but tomorrow I will be visiting Mom's Organic Market, Kings Highway off Rt. 70 in Cherry Hill, to have lunch at the cafe' there called Naked Lunch.  I will let you know how it is, and since we are on the subject of food, I LOVE the Bankok City lunch special, spring roll, soup or salad, and an entire, all for under $10 and the food is delicious and the atmosphere is serene.  

Don't forget in March, Lines On the Pines!

If you like to look ahead:  From April through August Wheaton Arts, Millville, a series of selected days throughout the month with free admission for all visitors  I can't seem to figure out when these free admission days are but it looks like three day weekends, so I guess not during the week.  www.wheatonarts.org

Some weather we are having!  I have been enjoying my daily walks with my dog pal Trixie!  I hope summer doesn't descend too suddenly however, neither she nor I can take the heat.  I do like 70 though!  Knight Park has been wonderful - still empty, kinds in school, still peaceful, and still beautiful.

Happy Trails!
Jo Ann


No comments:

Post a Comment