Historic Places in South Jersey

Historic Places in South Jersey - Places to Go and Things to Do

A discussion of things to do and places to go, with the purpose
of sharing, and encouraging exploration of South Jersey.

Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Centenarians and Beyond!

I have two friends who would like to live to be a hundred.  We all agree, however, that no one wants to live unless we are lucid and have mobility.  That is to say we don't want to linger bedridden in a nursing home or n a fog of dementia or Alzheimers.

So, anyway whenever I see stories about successful centenarians, I tell my friend Dorothy and now I will add my friend Barbara to the list.

Centenarian of the day:  Pulitzer Prize Winning Photographer MAX DESFOR - unfortunately I read about him in his obituary in This Week news magazine, but he was born in 1913 and died in 2018 - not a bad run.  Deafer was born in the Bronx but travelled the world to every hot spot and every war zone taking photographs, so, he not only somehow avoided old age related disease, but also wasn't shot or blown up.  How lucky is that?

"Live Long and Prosper"
Happy Trails
Jo Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment