Historic Places in South Jersey

Historic Places in South Jersey - Places to Go and Things to Do

A discussion of things to do and places to go, with the purpose
of sharing, and encouraging exploration of South Jersey.

Saturday, April 27, 2019

Ales on the Rails Today, Mt. Ephraim and station AVe. in Haddon Heights

Well, I was walking my dog this morning and I noticed that Lambert Ave. was barricaded off.  A van pulled up and a person got out and I asked if she knew why Lambert was blocked off.  She said, "It's Ales on the Rails day."  I was on my way home and had a lunch appointment with a friend so I didn't stop for a chat to get more information.  I figured I would google it when I got home after lunch.

So, here it is after lunch and google has no more to offer in the way of information that my reticent informant earlier.  Something called "Ales on the Rails" is going on right now, apparently in the parking lot of the Spread Eagle Bar and Grill on Kings Highway and also, apparently, going to take place along the railroad in Haddon Heights, although that still doesn't explain why Lambert Ave. was blockaded.  And nowhere that I can find is there any other information what is happening except, I am inferring from the title, breweries are selling or offering tastes of their beers and ales from 2 pm. today to 7 p.m.  Perhaps there will also be music as the person I asked (with the van) said she was there to sent up the "sound."

At some point I will have to walk my dog again, and when I do, I will see what is going on along the rails and if it is anything interesting I will let you know!  As I don't drink, I wouldn't therefore, be interested in the ales.

Happy trails, maybe at the ales on the rails!
Jo Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment