Historic Places in South Jersey

Historic Places in South Jersey - Places to Go and Things to Do

A discussion of things to do and places to go, with the purpose
of sharing, and encouraging exploration of South Jersey.

Saturday, November 23, 2019

I may have mentioned in earlier posts that I have been reading THE BRITISH ARE COMING by Rick Atkinson.  It is a huge and marvelous book and so imspiring that I have decided to become a volunteer at Red Bank Battlefield again after taking a few years off.  I no longer have my costume but I understand that now volunteers are only required to wear a state parks shirt, no costumes needed which is good because I sold all my pieces when I stopped volunteering.
On January 3rd, Whitall House volunteers will be having a History Club meeting and I will attend, then in spring when they open the house to visitors again, I will return as a docent  And all of this is because I was so inspired by the Atkinson book!  It re-awakend my interest in the war that gave birth to our nation!  

If you too are interested in the Revolution, then you probably know about CROSSROADS OF THE REVOLUTION.  They are having an event in December you may find interesting:


Tuesday, Dec. 10, 7:15 pm
Burlington County Lyceum of History and Natural Sciences
307 High St., Mt. Holly, NJ

**Please Note: $5 admission for nonmembers** Provisioning the Continental Army, by Dr. Elliott

No comments:

Post a Comment