Historic Places in South Jersey

Historic Places in South Jersey - Places to Go and Things to Do

A discussion of things to do and places to go, with the purpose
of sharing, and encouraging exploration of South Jersey.

Thursday, May 9, 2019

A Mother's Day Idea

Well, I just heard the weather forecast for Mother's Day and it doesn't sound good.  Showers all day and 55 degrees cold!  

I had been looking for something to do with a friend, another mom who will be on her own this weekend.  My daughter is going away and won't be home - the first time since she was born that we didn't have Mother's Day together, but that, too, is part of Mother's Day, letting go.  

So looking around I found a couple of things I would like but the weather cancels them, including the Arts and Crafts day in Mullica Hill,  BUT in the rain?  I don't think so.  Then I saw this -

Located in the Down Jersey Folklife Center at WheatonArts, the “Old Masters: Buddhist Art and Pottery” exhibition features a variety of Buddhist artworks from the private collections of Frederick Kramer and Losang Samten.

View pottery showcasing distinct ceramic styles of several Chinese periods, including Tang, Song, Yuan, Ming and Qing dynasties; Balinese pen and ink paintings; Chinese Brush paintings; sculptures of the many Buddhas, Bodhisattvas, and other deities; as well as Tibetan thangkas – Buddhist paintings on cotton with silk appliqué.

Open Tuesday through Sunday from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., April 2 through June 30, 2019.

I don't know if my other mom friend will be up for that long of a drive, but we can see.

Happy Mother's Day!
Jo Ann
wrightj45@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment