"On June 1st, there are two events happening of interest to genealogists. The Genealogical Society of New Jersey is having their Spring Genealogy Program in Burlington County. The topics and speakers for the day are:
- "No Person Shall...Gallop Horses In the Streets" - Using Court Records to Tell the Story of Our Ancestors' Lives by Judy G. Russell, CG, CGL
- Quiltmaking That Saw Us Through WWII by Sue Reich
- Quaker Genealogy Research by Dr. C. Miller Biddle
- Building A Family From Circumstantial Evidence by Judy G. Russell, CG, CGL
- With Needle and Scroll presented by Sue Reich
- This Land Is Your Land! House and Property Research presented by Larry Fermi
- Burlington County Genealogical Resources presented by Judith M. Olsen
I hope many of you are able to attend this great opportunity! Click here for more information and details about registering by May 28th. http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~njgsnj/pdf/2013SpringProgram.pdf
Also on June 1st, if you are planning on staying in Salem County, we will have a booth set up at the Pennsville Historical Society's Farm Day at Church Landing Farm."
Once we were the Garden State and if you are a hiker as I am and spend time in the woods and beside the creeks and rivers, you know what a blessedly watery place we live. This morning as I walked my dog, Trixie beside the Big Timber Creek in the light shower, I couldn't help but feel how lucky we are to live in such a green and verdant place. I would like to learn more about the farms and farm communities. I'll be visiting a farm market held at Collingswood in the morning on June 1st, so I don't know if I can make the Pennsville Historical Society's Farm Day but things can change in an instant and I may end up there instead.