Historic Places in South Jersey

Historic Places in South Jersey - Places to Go and Things to Do

A discussion of things to do and places to go, with the purpose
of sharing, and encouraging exploration of South Jersey.

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Genealological Society of Salem County, NJ - new web site

 As I may have mentioned, I have been a member of the genealogical Society of Salem County for some years now.  Sporadically, I work on my family history, which I may also have mentioned, and it has ties to New Jersey which I have followed (Timber Creek area).  GSSCHNJ has great lectures during their meeting season.  They are not holding open meeting lectures in the summer, but when they resume in the autumn, I will try to remember to post the topics so you can drop by and hear some interesting talk on local history.  I actually did a talk for them myself last winter on the Civilian Conservation Corps in South Jersey.  It was well attended and a great audience to speak to.  

GSSCHNJ has a new web site that I wanted to bring to your attention.  Here is the link and a list of what they have to offer on it:
  • Links to local historical societies and genealogy websites
  • Events calendars of our meetings and other local historical activities
  • Directions to our meetings and contact information
  • A list of the books and other items we offer for sale
  • Resources for researchers
  • Charts and forms to download
  • Guidelines for beginning family research
  • An index of the DVDs for members to borrow
  • PDF copies of old Ancestors' Attic articles
  • Helpful hints for genealogy research
I hope you will pay them a visit and find something of use to you!  
Happy Trails!  Jo Ann
ps.  In case you wonder why I post in such large type.  I am having vision difficulties and it makes me aware that there are probably others out there in my age group who may also be having problems reading, so I make the type large enought to facilitate your reading as well as my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment