Historic Places in South Jersey

Historic Places in South Jersey - Places to Go and Things to Do

A discussion of things to do and places to go, with the purpose
of sharing, and encouraging exploration of South Jersey.

Monday, October 20, 2014

FiberArts Cafe, Millville, NJ

On Saturday, a friend and I hiked the Maurice River Bluffs after a hearty lunch at Wildflowers, Vegan Restaurant in Millville, NJ.  I had a delicious vegetable soup and Barbar Spector had the bean burger - so good!
The hike was wonderful, the views delightful and the temperature perfect for hiking.  So many mushrooms this year!  We did the red trail and the white trail, taking the blue trail to get there and again passed two pretty beaches and the World War II ruins.  
While we were browsing the little shops in the Glasstown Arts District, we stopped in at the Fiber Arts Cafe and I bought a colorful and warm afghan to put over my legs when I kick off my hiking shoes and settle back with a nice cup of tea and a cat on my lap.  The colors were so perfect for fall.  I may have to go back for the sweater I saw there too!
You never know what you'll find when you shop the Arts District.  If I had hundreds to spend, I would buy a painting or two every time I went to the gallery across the street, I think it is the Galleria - such beautiful work that even I who do my own paintings, find myself wishing I could take them home.
Barbara bought a charming neck scarf at the Fiber Arts Cafe and we both recommend a visit before the really cold weather comes in.  Also, get out there and visit the bluffs!  
Happy Trails,
Jo Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment