Historic Places in South Jersey

Historic Places in South Jersey - Places to Go and Things to Do

A discussion of things to do and places to go, with the purpose
of sharing, and encouraging exploration of South Jersey.

Saturday, October 11, 2014

It is enough to make you want to become a mycologist!  The great number of fascinating and different varieties of mushrooms along the trail at Brendan Byrne State Forest yesterday had me fascinated and my phone/camera clicking every few yards.  What a great day to take a hike!  And especially in view of the day that followed - today, Saturday, Oct. 11 - a cold, damp, rainy day that has kept me in the house reading, writing, and doing household chores, computer chores and art work.  
But yesterday was heavenly, my favorite kind of day - a nice hike on the cranberry trail, a picnic in the shelter by Pakim Pond, and a stop at the Red Top Market on the way home for a bag of winesap apples!  I am tempted to hyperbole - well, I'll give in to it - it was the most PERFECT Day in the world!  My dog, Trixie, would agree, as would my hiking companion of the day, Barb Spector.
Today I was planning to go to the Book Fair at Collingswood until the weather intervened.  But I am happy at home always - that is, if I can't be in the woods.  
Happy Autumn, Happy Halloween, nad always Happy Trails!  Jo Ann
Link to Brendan Byrne Forest and Pakim Pond
http://www.njwildlifetrails.org/PineBarrensTrails/Sites/tabid/1698/Scope/site/Guide/PINEBARREN/Site/277/Default.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment