Historic Places in South Jersey

Historic Places in South Jersey - Places to Go and Things to Do

A discussion of things to do and places to go, with the purpose
of sharing, and encouraging exploration of South Jersey.

Friday, January 17, 2020

Harriet Tubman at Croft Farm tomorrow, Sat. 1/18/20

If, like me, you are finding ways to celebrate the 100th Anniversary of American Women winning the Right to Vote, Amendment 19 in 1920, you might be interested in attending  presentation on Harriet Tubman which will be held at Croft Farm tomorrow, Saturday at 2:00.  Croft Farm is at Borton's Mill Road in Cherry Hill and you may want to google that for more information.

If you haven't seen the movie, Harriet, I strongly recommend it.  You don't have to be a History Buff to appreciate courage, resilience and fine film making.  

Of course, we may all be disappointed in our plans if the big snow comes tomorrow but I will wait and see.  The tv newscasters become so hysterical that I don't even watch the weather forecast, and generally just go by my cell phone or my laptop but many people have told me today that a big snow is coming tomorrow around noon.  I don't drive in the snow any more because I don't have to, and even if I am careful and don't skid, some fool driving to quickly can skid or slide into me, so I don't risk it.

If you do have to drive tomorrow - Be safe!

Happy Trails,
Jo Ann
wrightj45@yahoo.com

ps.  I just finished a small postcard sized portrait of Harriet Tubman based on a well known colorized photo of her.  It is for my Pocketbook Art Project for the CELEBRATE BRAVE 100 held in many galleries and venues across the country, but my work will be an entry at Eiland Arts, the Merchantville Train Station, Centre Street, Merchantville, NJ  turned into an Arts Center and Gallery.

No comments:

Post a Comment