Historic Places in South Jersey

Historic Places in South Jersey - Places to Go and Things to Do

A discussion of things to do and places to go, with the purpose
of sharing, and encouraging exploration of South Jersey.

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Sites of interest

You may already be signed up for these web sites or you may not have heard of them, so I'm sharing them with you.  First is a newly updated Revolutionary war site of great interest and, I think, well done.  Perhaps it grew out of the recent series of meetings on this topic which I wish I could have attended.  However, my sister is currently without a car and I have to drive her to work four or five days a week and my travels have been somewhat curtailed.  Family first!
Site #1
http://www.revolutionarynj.org/place/red-bank-battlefield-park-nhl/

In season with the month of Halloween and recognition of the world of the dead, here is a GREAT cemetery essay.  I have visited all the cemeteries in this excellent essay by Hoag Levins and it did give puase to think not only of our mortality and our forebears, but also about the preservation of their last resting places.
site #2
http://historiccamdencounty.com/ccnews81.shtml

Also check out thei home page of the Camden County Historical Society - always interesting
http://cchsnj.com/

Also I regularly receive and read e-mail digests from (site #3) Ghost Towns of Southern New Jersey.  In today's digest there was a note of this upcoming event:

Monday, October 7, 2013, 8:00 PM at the
Bud Duble Senior Center
33 Cooper Folly Road
Atco, NJ 08004 (Across from Winslow Township Middle School and
next to the library)


I'll write more later and post some photos from Pennsbury and Red Dragon Canoe Club, but I've got to get the dog over to the Big Timber Creek Dog Park now.  We are entranced by the beauty of the autumn weather.


Happy Trails!
Jo Ann
wrightj45@yahoo.com


ps.  Feel free to add to the list of sites by e-mailing your favorites to me and I'll post them

No comments:

Post a Comment