Historic Places in South Jersey

Historic Places in South Jersey - Places to Go and Things to Do

A discussion of things to do and places to go, with the purpose
of sharing, and encouraging exploration of South Jersey.

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Maurice River Boat Cruise

Hello!  Enjoying this short respite of cool weather?  I spent the first half of the day at the Big Timber Creek Dog Park.  Tomorrow, it is my hope that two of my friends and I will be able to take the Maurice River Boat Cruise with Captain Dave.  To make a reservation, call 856-327-1530.  It costs abotu $10 or $15 depending on the day and your age.  We will have lunch at the Vegan Restaurant Wildflowers, too.  What a splendid day.  If you are new to the posts on the Maurice River Cruises, you WILL see Osprey and Eagles, guaranteed.  I've taken the boat ride half a dozen times and we have always seen Eagles. 
It was Captain Dave's cruise that gave my friends and I the information we followed up on to take our Maurice River Bluffs hikes recently.  There is another reserve for hiking but I will have to wait till tomorrow to catch the name.  This time I will bring a pen and notebook and take down some information for my next post.  I highly recommend this boat trip and a day at Millville.

Other things of interest coming up:
Old Stone House Village is hosting a Civil War encampment featuring Steve Sonnen, who will be available to answer questions and offer information about our Civil War heritage.  It is running Aug. 17 and 18 and the Old Stone House is worth seeing too.  This is in Washington Twp. but I am sorry that I was unable to find a road address for gps locating.  You can, however, call 856-981-3096 for more information. 

No comments:

Post a Comment