Historic Places in South Jersey

Historic Places in South Jersey - Places to Go and Things to Do

A discussion of things to do and places to go, with the purpose
of sharing, and encouraging exploration of South Jersey.

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Back to Mac's Trains

While cruising around South Jersey on the multitude of errands in the ordinary life, I stopped by Mac's Trains, on the Black Horse Pike, today to see how my platform is coming along.  If you missed my earlier post on Mac's Trains, here is a quick re-cap.  Each day when I drive to Big Timber Creek to the dog park, to walk my brown Lab Trixie, I pass a little store front with a man seated outside and windows filled with trains.  As I have always been a big train fan, I decided this year to buy myself a train set and set up a platform.  Inside the shop, I had settled on what I now know is an "N" gauge engine because I live in a very small bungalow and the platform must be small enough to fit on a large table desk in my den.  Mac was very kind about offering to help me with the platform (in the nailing down the tracks department) and I agreed to buy my trains from him.  I'm very excited about this.  

Next I had to buy a sheet of 1/2 inch plywood and paint it, which my sister helped me to do.  Every hobby is expensive and ALWAYS more expensive than you ever dreamed at the outset  When did plywood get to cost so much?  But perhaps it was my error and I bought a sheet that was especially choice.  It was $40!!!  When the clerk asked if I wanted the rest of the pieces, I said, "You bet I do!"  I'm not sure what I'll do with them, but at $40, you know I'll find something.

My sister painted the wood for me which was good because she used spray paint which I imagine is better if you are nailing down train tracks.  Last week, I dropped off the platform wood at Mac's.  To end this, let me say that I'll pick up my platform this weekend and my trains at Mac's and when I have it assempled here a week later, I'll take a photo and post it.

So, once more, if you are looking for trains, try Mac's Trains at 304 N. Black Horse Pike, Runnemede, NJ 08078, phone # 856-939-0350 at the shop, and 856-725-5479 cell phone.
Happy Rails!  Jo Ann

.

No comments:

Post a Comment